Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 | ECF's Year in Review

Well, here we are. Another year nearly over, and now it's time to take a look back on it all, and...try to remember anything that happened before October. I'm not very good with recollecting.

I knew I should have worn sunglasses.
Let's see. Well, at the beginning of the year, I signed up for a bunch of challenges. I kept track of my books faithfully for about a month and a half, and then I -- oh look, a see-through frog! Yeah, I'm not very good at keeping up with challenges, and they generally don't really affect my decisions on what to read anyway, so I decided not so sign up for any this year.

Yes, it is a real thing.
However, I did manage to keep track of how many books I read -- a total of 253 as of this morning, three more than my goal. Of those, 67 were published this year, 116 were first-time reads but published in previous years, and 70 were re-reads. You can see all the books I read here. Out of those 183 new-to-me books, I gave six five stars (Fate's Edge by Ilona Andrews, Shatter Me by Taherah Mafi, Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta, The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern, The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, and Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein).

I also kind of neglected my blog in the summer and fall, but I'm starting to get back into the swing of things and remembering why I started doing this in the first place. I hope next year I'll be back to daily or almost daily posts.

I started another blog with a group of friends that I met on Goodreads. It's called GReeps Through the Shelves, and it's more a discussion blog than a book review blog most of the time. We'd love it if you stopped by to say hello!

Some of my favorite posts of the year: my not-really-a-review of John Green's The Fault in Our Stars, my bookish bucket list, the "stars" feature I did at the beginning of the year on the best books in a whole bunch of categories, and my post over at GTS about strong female characters.

Next year, my goals include getting back to daily posts, doing more discussion posts, coming up with some new features, and commenting on more blogs! And in the spirit of commenting, if you'd like to include a link to your own year in review post and/or your favorite post of the year, I'd love to stop by!

See you next year! And remember, the next 52 Fridays are ALL Friday the 13th! Mwahahahahaha.

Jason and Mrs. Vorhees wish you all a happy and lucky
new year.

2 comments:

  1. IT makes me so happy that you gave Shatter Me and Code Name Verity five stars, those are my favorites too! And 253 books is A LOT, that's pretty much what I've read too, and it wasn't easy, lol.
    Happy new year, my friend. May it be joyful and memorable.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! I try to respond to them...eventually!

This is now an award-free blog. I love and totally appreciate that you thought of me, but I know myself better than to think I would be organized enough to pass them along, and that doesn't seem fair.

Finally, if you're posting a URL, the code to make it actually link to your site is <.a href="your URL">your text<./a>, without the periods.