Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday | Books Before the Blog


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and features lists on different bookish topics. Today's category:

Books I Read Before I Was a Blogger

I have a tendency to harp on about my old favorites, so long-time readers will certainly have heard these before. But I can never turn down the chance to proselytize about my favorite books, so here you are!

Sunshine by Robin McKinley: one of my most worn-out comfort reads

Magic Strikes by Ilona Andrews (Kate Daniels #3): probably my favorite book in one of my favorite UF series

The Lions of Al-Rassan by Guy Gavriel Kay: possibly my all-time favorite book

The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch (Gentleman Bastard #1): hilarious, disturbing, suspenseful, exciting. Just an amazing book.

The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss (The Kingkiller Chronicle #1): another funny and intense fantasy

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card: a mainstay of science fiction

Mercury Falls by Robert Kroese (Mercury #1): a funny and clever story of the Apocalypse

Fever series by Karen Marie Moning: unbelievably gripping. I've never really thought of them as separate books (except when waiting for Shadowfever).

Captain's Fury by Jim Butcher (Codex Alera #4): best book of a great epic fantasy series

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling: definitely my favorite HP book

What are your old favorites?


5 comments:

  1. I love love love Ender's Game and I can't wait for the movie to come out later this year. I hope they do it justice! Here is my list:
    Top Ten Tuesday

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes for Harry Potter. I still need to read the Fever series. Happy Reading!

    My Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goblet of Fire is my favorite too! :)

    new follower
    http://myloveforfilmsandnovels.blogspot.com/2013/04/top-ten-tuesday-4-top-ten-books-i-read.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the Harry Potter books, and Goblet of Fire is AWESOME. But my favorite is definitely Prisoner of Azkaban. I just love that book, and it was the one where I realized JK Rowling had some serious plans for the whole series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know what is interesting? I had a copy of Sunshine sitting on my shelf for ages unread and I donated it last year. Now I see that it is one of your go-to comfort reads and I am wishing I had not given it up. *sigh* Back on my wishlist it goes. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! I try to respond to them...eventually!

This is now an award-free blog. I love and totally appreciate that you thought of me, but I know myself better than to think I would be organized enough to pass them along, and that doesn't seem fair.

Finally, if you're posting a URL, the code to make it actually link to your site is <.a href="your URL">your text<./a>, without the periods.