Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be ReadingAnyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
I am currently reading Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. I'm about a quarter of the way through, and so far I really like it!


I'm only supposed to share two sentences here, but for this to make any sense at all, it's going to be a few more than that. My first one and I'm already breaking the rules!

"Though it was true there was no one left alive whom I could talk to about my grandfather, there was still the house, a lot of it unexplored. If it had ever held answers about my grandfather - in the form of letters, maybe, or a photo album or a diary - they'd probably burned up or rotted away decades ago. But if I left the island without making sure, I knew I'd regret it.

"And that is how someone who is unusually susceptible to nightmares, night terrors, the Creeps, the Willies, and Seeing Things That Aren't Really There talks himself into making one last trip to the abandoned, almost-certainly-haunted house where a dozen or more children met their untimely end."


Are you intrigued? I hope so!

2 comments:

  1. I do that rule breaking thing all the time, though I try to keep it down to one paragraph.

    Great teaser. Please check out my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ALWAYS post more than I'm supposed to. :D Great teaser!

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! I try to respond to them...eventually!

This is now an award-free blog. I love and totally appreciate that you thought of me, but I know myself better than to think I would be organized enough to pass them along, and that doesn't seem fair.

Finally, if you're posting a URL, the code to make it actually link to your site is <.a href="your URL">your text<./a>, without the periods.