Friday, October 12, 2012

Free fiction and a read-a-thon

Hi everyone! Long time no see. Sorry (again) for my intermittent appearances. I have been reading a lot, but not writing reviews. I have almost certainly not died. Hooray for continued survival!

Anyway, just wanted to share a few cool things from around the interwebs:

1. I freaking love Ilona Andrews. They're well known for the Kate Daniels series, which is one of my top three urban fantasy series, and they're currently posting installments of a fun UF story called Clean Sweep. It's free here. Check it out! It's a great way to try their work if you haven't before, and if you're already a fan, you probably share my excitement.

2. Baen Books, which publishes bestselling scifi and fantasy authors such as Mercedes Lackey, Andre Norton, Elizabeth Moon, and Eric Flint, has a free library where you can download a large selection of books for a variety of e-readers, no strings attached. Who can say no to free books?

3. The 24-hour read-a-thon is tomorrow! This is the first read-a-thon I ever did, in October 2011, and this will be my third round. It's always fun and a little crazy. It also totally skewed my interpretation of read-a-thons – most of them are not quite so...intensive, and whenever I see others I'm always a little surprised that you can still do things other than reading. Heehee. Anyway, if you're curious, I did a guide to the 'thon for the one in April, and if you can, definitely give it a try, even if you can't do the whole thing. Let me know if you're participating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! I try to respond to them...eventually!

This is now an award-free blog. I love and totally appreciate that you thought of me, but I know myself better than to think I would be organized enough to pass them along, and that doesn't seem fair.

Finally, if you're posting a URL, the code to make it actually link to your site is <.a href="your URL">your text<./a>, without the periods.