Monday, October 15, 2012

Read-A-Thon | Wrap-Up


I did not exactly finish the read-a-thon. Or rather, I finished the read-a-thon at 6:30 am instead of 8, when it was supposed to end. I should be disappointed, but since I had to wake up at 10:30 and I was already feeling a bit ill, I think it actually worked out fairly well. Anyway, I still managed to finish a decent number of books, so it was a good read-a-thon.

Books read: 6
Pages read: 1729
Hours listened: 2:04
Terrier by Tamora Pierce
Looking for Alaska by John Green
Kitty's Big Trouble by Carrie Vaughn
The Arm of the Starfish by Madeleine L'Engle
Heart's Blood by Juliet Marillier
Legion by Brandon Sanderson (audio-novella)


1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
Clearly hour 23, since that is when I fell asleep. :)

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
I've read Juliet Marillier books in the late teens hours for the past two read-a-thons, and those have worked really well.

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
It would be nice if we could get some discussion going a few days before the read-a-thon.

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
The cheerleaders did an amazing job! Thanks Team Smarties cheerers! :)

5. How many books did you read?
6

6. What were the names of the books you read?
Scroll up a bit :)

7. Which book did you enjoy most?
Actually probably Legion. Short but really interesting.

8. Which did you enjoy least?
Kitty's Big Trouble. That's not to say I didn't enjoy it, because I did – I think it was my fastest read – but it was kind of same old, same old.

10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
Hopefully I'll be able to do next year's read-a-thon as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! I try to respond to them...eventually!

This is now an award-free blog. I love and totally appreciate that you thought of me, but I know myself better than to think I would be organized enough to pass them along, and that doesn't seem fair.

Finally, if you're posting a URL, the code to make it actually link to your site is <.a href="your URL">your text<./a>, without the periods.