Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday | Gunmetal Magic by Ilona Andrews


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.


Gunmetal Magic
Ilona Andrews
Kate Daniels #5.5
July 31, 2012, Ace

Some people have everything figured out — Andrea Nash is not one of those people. After being kicked out of the Order of Knights of Merciful Aid, Andrea's whole existence is in shambles. All she can do is try to put herself back together, something made easier by working for Cutting Edge, a small investigative firm owned by her best friend, Kate Daniels.

When several shapeshifters working for Raphael Medrano — the male alpha of Clan Bouda and Andrea's former lover — die unexpectedly at a dig site, Andrea is assigned to investigate...and must work with Raphael. As her search for the killer leads her into the secret underbelly of supernatural Atlanta, Andrea knows that dealing with her feelings for Raphael might have to take a backseat to saving the world...


I was kind of disappointed when I found out that the next book in Kate Daniels was going to be about Andrea and not Kate (because Kate is amazing and I love her), but really, if anyone can pull this off, it's Ilona Andrews. I freaking love everything they write, so I'm sure I will love Gunmetal Magic too. Plus, because they're awesome, the authors have posted Chapter 1, Part 1 and Part 2 on their blog! 

So at this point I'm pretty excited. Look, it even has a cover now! As we get closer to the release date, I'm becoming more and more incoherent about it. By July I'll probably be entirely composed of squeals and drool. No, I will not take pictures.


What books are you waiting for?

5 comments:

  1. I haven't read any Kate Daniel's books! The covers were so hideous I never even really noticed them and then lately I keep getting recommendations and seeing them so I'm going to pick up the first book sometime.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you should! They're so amazing and I love them :)

      Delete
  2. I love Kate Daniels, it's the best Urban Fantasy out there, hands down. Can't wait for the book to come out too and I am sure she will not disappoint with Andrea. We get to know more about Rafael!
    Lisa O. @ The Nocturnal Library

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't heard much about this series, but I have a few of her books on my TBR shelf. Sounds like an interesting read.

    Here's my WOW

    New follower, by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I havent read any of these books, but they sound good, plus I'm always up for some paranormal :)

    here's mine:
    Owl Read It's WoW

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! I try to respond to them...eventually!

This is now an award-free blog. I love and totally appreciate that you thought of me, but I know myself better than to think I would be organized enough to pass them along, and that doesn't seem fair.

Finally, if you're posting a URL, the code to make it actually link to your site is <.a href="your URL">your text<./a>, without the periods.