Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Soul to Lose by Rachel Vincent

My Soul to Lose
Rachel Vincent
Soul Screamers #0.5
Published 2009 by Harlequin Teen

I am so glad that I read this novella AFTER reading My Soul to Take. Otherwise it would have been really depressing. My Soul to Lose tells of Kaylee's experience in the mental ward, and it's not pretty. It's painful and sad, and since there are no spoilers for My Soul to Take, even at the end you don't find out what's happening to Kaylee. However, if you do know what Kaylee is and why she does what she does, it's an interesting perspective on what her life was like before...all that. I'm glad I read it, but it kind of made me hate Brendon and Val for putting Kaylee through that. I do want to know more about Lydia, and I wonder if she or someone like her will pop up later in the series. It's interesting to have some hints about what else is out there.

2 comments:

  1. I've heard good things about this series - I need to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the helpful review! I was unsure of whether to read this before or after the first book. :) I'm SO excited about this series!

    - Nicola @ A Pocket Full of Books

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! I try to respond to them...eventually!

This is now an award-free blog. I love and totally appreciate that you thought of me, but I know myself better than to think I would be organized enough to pass them along, and that doesn't seem fair.

Finally, if you're posting a URL, the code to make it actually link to your site is <.a href="your URL">your text<./a>, without the periods.