Friday, February 3, 2012

Wicked Winter Read-A-Thon






Today is the first day of the Wicked Winter Read-A-Thon! I'm all ready to go with coffee, brownies, and a big stack of books! I won't be spending the entire weekend reading (the Super Bowl is on Sunday!), but I'll try to get a few books read. (Wait, how is that different from any other weekend?)

You can still sign up for the RAT – just click the button to go to the info page.

Happy reading!

Challenge #1 (Kindle Fever): "A second Ice Age is coming on quickly! What do you do in order to prepare and how would you survive it?"

I would move to Hawaii. Winter sucks, and I like Hawaii. Tropics FTW!

Challenge #2 (Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf): Create a sentence with the book titles on the challenge page!

AFTER THE SNOW, gently KISSING SNOWFLAKES SHIVER down her spine as COLD MAGIC cracks THE BLACK ICE.

Challenge #6 (Book Briefs): Picture puzzle challenge! Choose pictures to represent a book title.


Challenge #9 (My Shelf Confessions): How will you defeat the Wicked Winter Witch so you can go on and fight another day until this evil ice age ends?

A wicked witch, huh? Okay, well since I've already moved to Hawaii, the water's never too far away. I'd grab a bucket and melt her!

Alternatively, I'd just find the nearest wardrobe, hop over to Narnia, and borrow Aslan for a bit...that's cool, right?

Books read:
White Cat by Holly Black (Curse Workers #1)
Something from the Nightside by Simon R. Green (Nightside #1)
Dragonhaven by Robin McKinley
Partials by Dan Wells (Partials #1)
And half of The Wild Ways by Tanya Huff (Gale Women #2)

Pages read: 1508

6 comments:

I love your comments! I try to respond to them...eventually!

This is now an award-free blog. I love and totally appreciate that you thought of me, but I know myself better than to think I would be organized enough to pass them along, and that doesn't seem fair.

Finally, if you're posting a URL, the code to make it actually link to your site is <.a href="your URL">your text<./a>, without the periods.