Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sunday Series Spotlight #6: Codex Alera





I love this blog and sharing my opinions on books with people. I've really enjoyed getting recommendations from others, and I hope a few people have found good books on here too. But as much as I love the books I've been reading, there are many books I read before starting the blog that I want to share too! That's why I decided to start the Sunday Series Spotlight and tell everyone about my old favorites.

You're welcome to share your own favorite series...es... –just grab the button and leave a link in the comments.

This week's spotlight is on Codex Alera by Jim Butcher
*click the covers for links to the individual books on Goodreads*



In the realm of Alera, where people bond with the furies – elementals of earth, air, fire, water, wood, and metal – fifteen-year-old Tavi struggles with his lack of furycrafting. But when his homeland erupts in chaos – when rebels war with loyalists and furie clash with furies – Tavi's simple courage will turn the tides of war.

Codex Alera is a brilliantly imagined story set in a unique world with vivid characters. Tavi is easily one of my favorite heroes, especially with the way he invents insanely creative solutions for seemingly impossible problems. There are enough layers in this series to make a cake topple, and they are expertly woven together. I keep coming back to Codex Alera to read it over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! I try to respond to them...eventually!

This is now an award-free blog. I love and totally appreciate that you thought of me, but I know myself better than to think I would be organized enough to pass them along, and that doesn't seem fair.

Finally, if you're posting a URL, the code to make it actually link to your site is <.a href="your URL">your text<./a>, without the periods.