Saturday, January 7, 2012

Fate's Edge by Ilona Andrews

Fate's Edge
Ilona Andrews
The Edge #3

Bite-sized Review
Most spectacular. I loved Kaldar and Audrey, I adored George and Jack, I relished hatred of the Hand. A must read for anyone who enjoys adventure, romance, humor, and a really great story.

King-sized Review
First, if you haven't read any of the Edge books, the world might be the best I've seen in urban fantasy. The Weird, the Broken, and the Edge are fascinating and manage to work with what's true of our world. It's far more interesting than saying magical people just suddenly revealed themselves one day. The political relationships in the Weird add depth to the book, and I loved learning about the Democracy of California and West Egypt in this book.

Kaldar and Audrey were brilliant characters. Their personal issues were really well done, and watching them fall for each other while trying really hard not to was so much fun. I love when the things that keep characters apart are real problems and not just misunderstandings or stupidity. Kaldar and Audrey's hesitance is completely reasonable because of their histories and personalities, and as a result their eventual love made me really, really happy.

As much as I loved Kaldar and Audrey, my favorite parts were actually the ones with Jack and George. They were so funny, and Jack's opinions especially were just hilarious. I suggest a new series: The Adventures of Jack and George. There doesn't have to be romance; I just want to see the crazy things they get up to and Rose and Declan's reactions.

I really enjoyed this book. The story and the characters were both just incredible. Everything from Ilona Andrews is excellent, but this one was in a class of its own. Please go read these books!

Quality: Outstanding
Enjoyability: Outstanding

GARS Score: 1.0 (3/4/4/3)
What's a GARS score?

Fate's Edge is similar to:
Touch the Dark by Karen Chance
Grave Witch by Kalayna Price
Cry Wolf by Patricia Briggs

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! I try to respond to them...eventually!

This is now an award-free blog. I love and totally appreciate that you thought of me, but I know myself better than to think I would be organized enough to pass them along, and that doesn't seem fair.

Finally, if you're posting a URL, the code to make it actually link to your site is <.a href="your URL">your text<./a>, without the periods.