Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sunday Series Spotlight #2






I love this blog and sharing my opinions on books with people. I've really enjoyed getting recommendations from others, and I hope a few people have found good books on here too. But as much as I love the books I've been reading, there are many books I read before starting the blog that I want to share too! That's why I decided to start the Sunday Series Spotlight and tell everyone about my old favorites.

You're welcome to share your own favorite series...es... –just grab the button and leave a link in the comments.

This week's spotlight is on the Demon Child Trilogy by Jennifer Fallon.
*Click the covers for links to Goodreads*
According to legend, the last king of the Harshini sired a half-human child, known as the Demon Child, born to destroy a god . . . 

The Sisterhood of the Blade rules Medalon with an iron fist--an iron fist within the steel gauntlet of the Defenders, elite warriors sworn to uphold the sisters and keep Medalon free of heathen influence.

R'shiel, daughter of the First Sister of the Blade, has pulled against the short leash of her mother ever since she was a child. Her half-brother, Tarja, is the dutiful son who serves as a Captain in the Defenders. But when they run afoul of their mother's machinations, they must flee for their lives. They soon find themselves caught up in the rebellion against the Sisterhood, though they revile their fellow conspirators heathen belief in the Harshini--a fabled race of magical beings thought long extinct. 

But then Tarja and R'shiel encounter Brak, a Harshini outcast, who forces them to face the most shocking fact of all: the Demon Child, thought to be nothing more than legend, may have been loosed in Medalon.


A friend of mine introduced me to this series in high school and I absolutely loved it. The books have great characters, a highly intriguing plot, lots of maneuvering on a massive scale, and a rich and fascinating world, among other positives. I've reread the series and the prequel trilogy many times, and enjoy them every time. R'shiel, Brak, and Dace are some of my favorite characters.


Even if you've never read any epic fantasy before, I recommend this series. Its compelling characters and clever plot will have you hooked from the very beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! I try to respond to them...eventually!

This is now an award-free blog. I love and totally appreciate that you thought of me, but I know myself better than to think I would be organized enough to pass them along, and that doesn't seem fair.

Finally, if you're posting a URL, the code to make it actually link to your site is <.a href="your URL">your text<./a>, without the periods.