Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 Wrap-Up

2011 has been a crazy year! I graduated from college, moved, joined Goodreads, started the blog, met a bunch of awesome people, and read a lot of great books! I met Maggie Stiefvater (who is terribly funny and if possible even more amazing in person than she is on paper), Cassandra Clare, and Michelle Hodkin (both of whom are quite entertaining). Thank you all so much for reading and following; I appreciate all your comments and your support. And I appreciate not talking to myself here, because I do enough of that already.
...I have done this. A lot.

I don't know if you notice this, but I read fast. (This is something that happens when you start reading 700 page books when you are twelve. You have to read fast or you will never finish anything.) So I am happy to say that I read a lot of books this year. You can see what I've read since the end of July by going to my challenge page on GR. Here's a screen shot, though you can't necessarily see what all the books are:


Since July 27, 2011 I have read 163 books, of which 128 were new reads. My goal was originally 60 (because I had never counted the number of books I read before), which I then changed to 200 when I finished the first 60 by September. While I didn't end up meeting my revised goal, I think it was a pretty successful year!

I also took part in the Horror and Urban Fantasy Challenge to read and review at least 24 horror/UF books, and I'm pleased to report that even though I didn't start until August, when I started my blog, I managed to review 33 books for the challenge. Thanks to the lovely ladies at Book Chick City for hosting this challenge!

How many books did you read this year? Did you finish your challenges? Leave a comment or link to your wrap-up post and let me know! Have a fun and safe New Year's Eve, and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! I try to respond to them...eventually!

This is now an award-free blog. I love and totally appreciate that you thought of me, but I know myself better than to think I would be organized enough to pass them along, and that doesn't seem fair.

Finally, if you're posting a URL, the code to make it actually link to your site is <.a href="your URL">your text<./a>, without the periods.