Saturday, December 3, 2011

Blackened Chicken

All right, it's time for more food. This one isn't technically baking, but it is the most useful recipe I've yet discovered. It's good for tacos, pasta, sandwiches, salads, whatever. I usually make it three or four times a week. And it's super easy!


All you need is chicken and equal amounts of these spices:

Salt
Pepper
Cumin
Paprika
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Oregano
Thyme

You can also add a dash of cayenne pepper for extra spiciness.

I use 1/4 teaspoon of each for one chicken breast, so you can go from there.




Once you've mixed all those together in a small bowl, it's time for the icky part - cutting up the chicken. For all of those meals I mentioned but the sandwich, I cut the chicken up into bite-sized pieces while it's still raw so that it gets plenty of seasoning. After your chicken is ready, dredge it through the spice mixture, and then it's ready to cook. You can grill it or saute it with some olive oil. I suppose you could also bake it but that just seems like a lot of effort.


I was going to take a picture of the tacos I made with this chicken, but then I ate them. They were delicious.

1 comment:

I love your comments! I try to respond to them...eventually!

This is now an award-free blog. I love and totally appreciate that you thought of me, but I know myself better than to think I would be organized enough to pass them along, and that doesn't seem fair.

Finally, if you're posting a URL, the code to make it actually link to your site is <.a href="your URL">your text<./a>, without the periods.