Friday, December 9, 2011

Pumpkin Cookies

I had a can of pumpkin and didn't know what to make with it, so I went looking for pumpkin recipes on foodgawker. When I found a recipe on Sweet Pea's Kitchen for pumpkin cookies with cream cheese frosting, I decided that was perfect. They turned out quite well, and were a big hit at rehearsal. Check out the recipe here. I tweaked the frosting recipe a bit (mine includes 1/4 cup butter, 1/4 cup cream cheese, a bunch of powdered sugar, a dash of vanilla, and a bit of flour) and just spread it on the cookies rather than drizzling, because I'm too lazy for that.

I think my cookies might have been a bit smaller than hers, because mine were done in 10-12 minutes rather than the 13-15 she recommended. So check them early.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! I try to respond to them...eventually!

This is now an award-free blog. I love and totally appreciate that you thought of me, but I know myself better than to think I would be organized enough to pass them along, and that doesn't seem fair.

Finally, if you're posting a URL, the code to make it actually link to your site is <.a href="your URL">your text<./a>, without the periods.