Thursday, October 27, 2011

Follow Friday (4)



Follow Friday is a weekly blog hop hosted by Alison Can Read and Parajunkee. This week's features are In Which Ems Reviews Books and Reading in the Corner.

This week's question is...

If you could have dinner with your favorite book character, who would you eat with and what would you serve?

Okay, first of all, I am really bad at picking favorites. When people ask me to pick my favorite book, I usually give them a helpless look and shrug because actually listing my favorite books would take far too long and probably bore them. 

However, given that I'm eating dinner with the character, let's arbitrarily limit the pool to characters from a relatively modern version of the world. Otherwise they would totally be freaked out by kitchen appliances and Magic Phone. (This is how I refer to my Android. Don't judge me.) So that leaves us with about half of a gazillion books. (Does anyone know what half a gazillion is?) And because this is a blog hop, let's make it something a little obscure so that I can induce other people to read books I love - hooray brainwashing! 

*flips through mental library*

Aha! I have it. I will have dinner with Mercury from Robert Kroese's Mercury Falls, a brilliant and hilariously irreverent angel. He can do impressive card tricks and make clever dinner conversation. He'll also come in handy if the dinner party somehow gets hit by a Class Five Pillar of Fire. I don't cook all that much, so I think we'll have pasta, but I am all about the baking, so there will be heavenly chocolate cake for dessert (pun absolutely intended).

20 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey new follower just hoppin through!! have a great week!!

    http://kcs-books.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know this book, but I do love chocolate cake! :) Happy #FF
    old follower!
    MaryAnn@ Chapter by Chapter
    @chapterxchapter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through. A great pick. Happy Friday!

    New follower!
    http://thesagacityquest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi & Happy Friday!

    Yummo to chocolate cake :)

    My FF, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not heard of Mercury Falls, but you're right I a must now ready book! LOL
    Not a new follower,
    RP

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum haven't heard of this book, old follower, here's mine http://headstuckinabook.blogspot.com/2011/10/feature-and-follow-friday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopping through. I haven't heard of Mercury Falls. I do love card tricks though.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also have a long list of books that I consider my favorites also! I haven't heard of this one though but sounds good! New follower!

    My Follow Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Magic phone? Technophobe? I'm such a technophile. I watched this video of the projected future by Microsoft and I'm like "Can we be there now, please?"

    Rie @ Mission to Read

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't heard of Mercury Falls either. I'm a new follower :) Here's the link to my FF...

    http://moretalesfromthecrypt.wordpress.com/2011/10/28/friday-follow-1/

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay, I'm back! (still figuring out how this follow friday thing works...)

    Here is mine: http://thefeatherandtherose.blogspot.com/

    and I just want to say that I already love your blog!

    epic fantasy+chocolate=AWESOMENESS

    ReplyDelete
  14. I also have to check my mental library-or at least my Goodreads shelf-to answer these questions :)

    Sounds like you have good dinner company!

    I'm a new follower. Here's my FF:
    http://willingtoseeless.blogspot.com/2011/10/feature-and-follow-my-book-blog-friday_28.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Took me a bit to come up with an answer, too.

    New follower.
    Have a great week,
    Teresa
    The Duchess Mommy Reads

    ReplyDelete
  16. Card tricks are an awesome addition to any dinner party :) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't read that one yet, so I'd better be adding it to the list!

    Thanks for coming by for a visit and following! Following back...

    Have a fantastic weekend!

    Ems

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi there,

    Thanks for following:D

    I don;t know this book or character, but sounds like he would be a great dinner date.

    MIchelle

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't read that series! But I'm with you: picking a favorite is hard work. I managed to choose one though if you asked me just to talk about book characters I love, well, we'd be here all day. :)

    Brand new follower here. Love the blog. :)

    Molli
    Blog: Once Upon a Prologue

    ReplyDelete
  20. I haven't heard of Mercury Falls before. I'll have to check it out!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! I try to respond to them...eventually!

This is now an award-free blog. I love and totally appreciate that you thought of me, but I know myself better than to think I would be organized enough to pass them along, and that doesn't seem fair.

Finally, if you're posting a URL, the code to make it actually link to your site is <.a href="your URL">your text<./a>, without the periods.