Saturday, October 22, 2011

Read-A-Thon Update: Hour 13!



Mid-Event Survey:
1. What are you reading right now?

Graceling by Kristin Cashore

2. How many books have you read so far?

Two and a half, and a little bit of a fourth

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?

I have no idea...I'm just winging it!

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?

Nope, it's a Saturday, so no work for me!

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?

It's been pretty quiet around here...

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?

That I actually woke up in time to start (semi-)promptly!

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?

So far so good I think. The only thing I would say is maybe have some more info posted a few days before the start. I wasn't really sure what I was supposed to do beforehand.

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?

Get more YA books from the library! They're easier to read when you're tired.

9. Are you getting tired yet?

Sadly, yes...

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?

I went to a coffee shop for a couple hours and it was a nice change of pace.


Hour 12 Minichallenge (from Erin Reads): Hodge-Podge Proposal


Katsa Mustang is a musician, and a damn good one, too. When she sings, everyone around her stops what they’re doing to listen. She plays a lament and they cry, hums a reel and they dance. At her first public concert, two strangers fail to react the same way as everyone else–and they don’t look happy with her…


Hour 11 Minichallenge (from Quirky Girls Read): Book Trailer



5 comments:

  1. I know around this time we all start getting tired... but keep going, you are doing great! Hope you are enjoying the read-a-thon!
    (PS: You really rate books in terms of cupcakes?? Wow! Sounds good! I need to check out your blog again after the read-a-thon!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!! :) You're doing great! Hope you're not too tired ;)

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think with how big the readathon is getting a little more information on what is "expected" is probably a good idea. I think we veterans kind of take it for granted sometimes.

    Maybe some jumping jacks to help you wake up? ;)

    I know you're tired
    And losin' the fire
    You'd rather be sleeping
    But keep on reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have yet to read a Stiefvater novel. Her trailers are awesome though. I liked your review of this book. It sounds really good.

    -jehara

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! I try to respond to them...eventually!

This is now an award-free blog. I love and totally appreciate that you thought of me, but I know myself better than to think I would be organized enough to pass them along, and that doesn't seem fair.

Finally, if you're posting a URL, the code to make it actually link to your site is <.a href="your URL">your text<./a>, without the periods.