Sunday, October 2, 2011

Pumpkin Bread

It's October! To celebrate, I've decided to make pumpkin bread, which is incredibly delicious. I somehow got this recipe from the Four Seasons Hotel in Boston (not entirely sure how that happened, but that's what it says on the card), and it's absolutely amazing.


Yum!


Ingredients


Dry:
3 1/3 c flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp clove

Wet:
2 2/3 c sugar
2/3 c vegetable shortening (Crisco)
4 eggs
2/3 c milk
1 can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two loaf pans. In a medium-sized bowl, combine dry ingredients. Combine wet ingredients in a large bowl, then gradually stir in dry ingredients. Divide batter between loaf pans and bake for 50-60 minutes. Bread is finished when you stab it in the middle and the knife comes out blood-free (i.e. there's no batter on it). Cool for fifteen minutes before removing from pan.

Dry ingredients


Sugar, shortening, and eggs


Delicious finished batter!


Splitting the batter. I only have one loaf pan, so I stuck the bowl in the fridge while the first loaf cooked.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! I try to respond to them...eventually!

This is now an award-free blog. I love and totally appreciate that you thought of me, but I know myself better than to think I would be organized enough to pass them along, and that doesn't seem fair.

Finally, if you're posting a URL, the code to make it actually link to your site is <.a href="your URL">your text<./a>, without the periods.