Sunday, October 23, 2011

Read-A-Thon Wrap-Up!


Success! I have stayed up for 24 hours! Thanks so much to everyone who stopped by and to the wonderful hosts and organizers of the read-a-thon! Now I'm going to sleep, at least for a little while before I have to do Actual Real Life Things...

Reading accomplished: 136 pages of World War Z by Max Brooks
Finished Over Sea, Under Stone by Susan Cooper
Finished Blood Price by Tanya Huff
Finished Graceling by Kristin Cashore
151 pages of Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett
Finished Thorn Queen by Richelle Mead
Total page count: 1606

Won: Mid-event survey drawing prize, hour 17 

Minichallenges: 8 or 9 I think? I can't remember anymore!

Blogs visited: The minichallenge hosts (thanks to you all too!), various friends and other random links I clicked

Read-a-thon wrap-up questions
1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
I got really tired from 21-23ish.

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that would keep a reader engaged for next year?
Where do I even start? YA and UF books worked well because they tend to be lighter reads, which is easier to manage if you're reading a lot. There are just too many to go into specifics!

3. Do you have any suggestions to improve the read-a-thon next year?
Just. like I said earlier, maybe have some info or tips up a few days before the event.

4. What do you think worked really well in this year's read-a-thon?
It was a lot of fun! Having prizes was really cool, and taking a break to check out the minichallenges was nice. The hosts did a great job too!

5. How many books did you read?
Four and a half and a third

6. What were the names of the books you read? 
See "reading accomplished" section above

7. Which book did you enjoy most?
Richelle Mead is one of my favorite authors, so I'd say I enjoyed Thorn Queen the most even though I'd read it before.

8. Which book did you enjoy least?
Surprisingly, I wasn't a big fan of Graceling.

9. If you were a cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year's cheerleaders?
Wasn't a cheerleader! But thanks to everyone who was! 

10. How likely are you to participate in the read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
I'd love to be a reader again if I'm free!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! I try to respond to them...eventually!

This is now an award-free blog. I love and totally appreciate that you thought of me, but I know myself better than to think I would be organized enough to pass them along, and that doesn't seem fair.

Finally, if you're posting a URL, the code to make it actually link to your site is <.a href="your URL">your text<./a>, without the periods.