Saturday, October 22, 2011

READ-A-THON!

Good morning, bookworms! It's time for the 24-hour Read-A-Thon to start! (Technically, it started four minutes ago, but it's 8:04 a.m on a Saturday and I'm awake, which is an accomplishment in and of itself.) Today's lineup consists of me trying to finish a bunch of library books that are due next week.




Shesten from I Heart Monster put up an introduction meme, so here goes:


1)Where are you reading from today?
At the moment, my apartment (DC). I'll probably move to a coffee shop at some point this afternoon just for some variety.

2)Three random facts about me…

Um...does "I like to read" count? I guess that's not random. Okay: 
-I used to work at Universal's Islands of Adventure, where I had to wear a really stupid outfit and explain to people why disposable cameras cost $18.07. (Yes, that was the real price. Yes, it was four years ago. Yes, I still remember it. See what I mean?)
-I took Irish step dance lessons. Make fun of me, I don't care, because they were awesome.
-Dogs rule, cats...make my nose drool.

3)How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?

How many books are in my TBR pile forever? That many.

4)Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?

Are you kidding? I have no idea what's going on!

5)If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first time?

See previous comment. Help! I'm lost in dark and very expensive forest!



Now I'm off to have coffee so my brain will work.

1 comment:

  1. Hoooollllaaaaa!!! YAY KATE!!! RAH RAH GO KATE!!

    Lol!

    You're doing great, just have fun!!

    I think I gave you my cell #, feel free to text me :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! I try to respond to them...eventually!

This is now an award-free blog. I love and totally appreciate that you thought of me, but I know myself better than to think I would be organized enough to pass them along, and that doesn't seem fair.

Finally, if you're posting a URL, the code to make it actually link to your site is <.a href="your URL">your text<./a>, without the periods.